Friday, March 21, 2014

Shaky Ground

Shaky Ground


My first earthquake was the scariest time of my life.  I was living in Napier and my dad was at work. My brother, mum and I were at home. Mum was washing the dishes when the gas heater moved, a vase was shaking so fast it fell down and broke. I was scared. My brother shouted at me “What is happening?”  I shouted back “It is an earthquake.”  He began to cry because he was scared. Mum said, “Don’t be scared,” to my brother.  I was sitting in the corner of the lounge because I was scared. 1 minute later the earth was still shaking.  When the earthquake finished my aunt's cat was playing with my brother, they were running, the vase fell down and broke on cats back.  Mum said “Not another broken thing.”                        

3 comments:

  1. You described this scary moment really well, Palavi. I liked how you described the vase shaking so fast it fell down and broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Palavi nice description and I like how you put 'I'
    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete